Saturday, October 13, 2012

Funny How That Is...

Some days, no some weeks, I NEED a break.
This week was one of those weeks.  My house never got cleaned.  Well, I managed to do things that "needed" to be done.  I put away the laundry that has been sitting on the kitchen table for 5 days.  I washed the kitchen floors, I vacuumed, I washed sheets, wiped kitchen counters, washed dishes... 

But, I never got to scrub the bathrooms, get everything put away and smell that "clean house" smell that I like to enjoy while sitting on the couch listening to the dishwasher run in a silent sleeping house. ( I secretly LOVE sitting on the couch late Sunday night listening to the dishwasher run- weird I know) 

Thursday night I had planned to run around and at least pick up and wipe the kitchen down since my mom was coming Friday to watch the kids while I substitute taught. ( run on sentence)

That didn't happen.  I felt sick and both kids had a rough night, so I was on mom duty.

My mom offered to take Big G for Friday night to give him some one on one time.
I hate to admit it, but it was kind of a relief.  I thought, "oh that would be great, I can get things done around the house, finally."

And it's funny, how the minute he pulls away with my mom, I miss him.

The house is so quiet and empty. 
The baby went to sleep at 7:30.
My husband and I got to watch the two TV shows we DVR.  Then we spent the rest of the night talking about our babies and how awesome they are.

Then, I get this email from my mom about how G is busy bossing them both around and directing play and learning about different tools and taking apart their patio furniture and making friends with a girl at Chick-Fil-A and I giggle and remember that he'll be back talking my ear off and filling my heart in the morning.

And my house probably won't be clean and I am totally, completely, ok with that ;)







2 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone's eulogy includes "she had a clean house". Lol.
    My motto was as long as nobody is getting food poisoning or worse it is clean enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from A Complete Waste of Makeup and am now your newest GFC follower. Cute blog and loving your new Etsy shop! Can't wait to read more.
    Trinity B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog. I love hearing what you have to say and I try to reply to each comment. I would love if you would enable your email so I can reach you to thank you for commenting :)
~A :)